Join us for a unique experience traveling through South Africa's past and presence.
What to Expect
Join us for a unique experience traveling through the three South Africa’s – The birth, where it all started, Apartheid South Africa, what happened then – the New South Africa, what is different since Nelson Mandela was released from prison. The tour affords the opportunity to interact, mingle and exchange cultural values with the local community.
You will be welcomed in the traditional African manner in the townships of Langa (the oldest formal township) & Khayalitsha (the largest informal settlement). The tour includes visits to the Malay Quarter (also known as the Bo-Kaap) which means "Above Cape" because of its location up against the slopes of Table Mountain, and Gugulethu township, meaning “our pride”, which was established as a result of the migrant labor system.
The Sunday morning tour includes a visit to a church service in Langa.
- Sunday a.m. tour includes visit to church service in Langa
- Return transfers from central Cape Town hotels. Collection from other areas upon request
Know Before You Go
• Departs Monday to Sunday
• Rates valid 01/12/16-30/11/17
• Bring closed-toe shoes (no sandals)
• On Saturdays, Sundays, and public holidays, the tour only runs in the morning