The Franschhoek Wine Tram hop-on hop-off tour is one of the best ways to discover the true essence of this picturesque valley, its rolling vineyards, breath-taking scenery, warm hospitality, world-class cuisine, fine wines and a 300-year history.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today. Learn more
- Duration 8.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Pickup included
- Look for the branded Cape Explorer bus stop and/or a red Cape Explorer bus near the pickup locations. Each pickup location has a unique pickup time (please be ready for pickup a few minutes early): Camps Bay: Meet at the bus stop opposite the Bay Hotel, Victoria Road, at 8:25 AM Sea Point 1: Meet at the bus stop on the corner of Queens Road and Alexander Road at 8:35 AM Sea Point 2: Meet at the bus stop on St. Johns Road and Beach Road at 8:40 AM Sea Point 3: Meet at the bus stop opposite The Winchester Boutique Hotel at 8:42 AM Green Point: Meet at the bus stop near the lighthouse at 8:46 AM V&A Waterfront: Meet At the City Sightseeing Tour Office located outside the 2 Oceans Aquarium at 9:00 AM CBD: Meet at the City Sightseeing Downtown Tour Office located at 81 Long Street at 8:30 AM Please be at the clearly marked bus stop 10 minutes prior to departure.
Select participants and date
Know before you go
- As part of ongoing COVID-19 virus preventative measures, all vehicles are thoroughly disinfected every day and hand sanitizer is provided at main stops
- Minimum age for the wine tastings is 18 (alternatives available)
- Orange or purple tram route will be allocated on arrival at the tram departure point. Allocation remains subject to availability
- Please be at the clearly marked bus stop 10 minutes prior to departure
- Tickets are only valid on the stipulated day of booking