Gansbaai Eco-Friendly Shark Cage Diving
Pickup optionalGuests will be collected from their hotel in Cape Town. Pick-up times will be confirmed the afternoon before the trip after a detailed weather check has been done.
- Get up close with sharks from the safety of a cage
- Enjoy 5-star facilities at the Great White House, including a licensed restaurant and bar
- Visit a rehabilitation center for sick and ill seabirds, including the endangered African Penguin
- Learn more about the conservation projects and how you can make a difference
- Benefit from the expertize of an on-board marine biologist
Journey to Dyer Island in 20 minutes and drop anchor where the sharks reside. Your boat will have all the amenities, along with drinks and snacks for your comfort. Collect your waterproof bag containing your dive kit and then get up close to these magnificent animals in their natural environment, protected of course by a cage. You'll be completely safe, but your adrenaline will be pumping like crazy! This is sure to be an experience you will never forget.
Travel through shark alley if conditions permit before returning to land for a debriefing and a warm bowl of soup. Then, enjoy free entry to the African penguin and seabird sanctuary on your way back to Cape Town (if option selected).
- Transport from and back to Cape Town (if option chosen)
- All dive equipment
- Breakfast or lunch upon arrival
- Snacks and drinks on board
- Light lunch after your dive
- Briefing sessions before and after the trip
- Visit to the African Penguin and Seabird Sanctuary
- Souvenirs at the curio shop
- Extra meals and drinks
- Professional trip footage
Prepare for the activity
Meet at The Great White House in Kleinbaai, 5 Geelbek St, Van Dyks Bay, 7220, South Africa. Please note that the meeting time will be confirmed the day before your trip. All self-drive guests will start at this point as indicated on the map.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Catering to any dietary requirement is possible
• There are no age restrictions for the boat trip, but children must be over 7 years old to do the dive
• Viewing from the boat is also possible - it is not mandatory to dive
• The boats and welcome facilities are wheelchair friendly - the boat can accommodate 2 wheelchairs per trip
• Please note that sightings are not guaranteed
• This trip is weather dependent
• Starting times mentioned are subject to change daily and only used as indication
• Exact pick-up time can only be confirmed the afternoon before the trip after a detailed weather check has been done - you will be contacted to confirm.