Enjoy Cape Town’s most popular hike on a climb to the summit of Lion’s Head. Arrive at the top in time to enjoy the sunset and 360-degree views. Take in the starry skies and the illuminated city of Cape Town on the way down.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Small group
- Limited to 10 participants
- Hike up Lion’s Head for a 360-degree panorama of Cape Town
- Watch the sun setting and have the best light to take photos of Table Mountain
- Walk down into the sunset and enjoy the city lights at twilight
- Learn about the nature, history and culture of the area
- Entrance fees
- Light snack
- Bottled water
- Children under 10 years
- People afraid of heights
- People with pre-existing medical conditions
- People with low level of fitness
- You are required to bring and wear a mask
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The details below may change if you update your current selection:
The start of the Lion's Head trail at 5 Signal Hill Road, Cape Town.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
- Rain gear
- Sandals or flip flops
- Alcohol and drugs
Know before you go
- This hike is not suitable for children under the age of 10.
- All hikes are at your own risk and are subject to weather conditions.
- Please note, tour start times can vary slightly depending on your guide’s expert advice. Your guide will contact you the day before with specific details, so please keep your phone active.
- Please specify if you have a fear of heights or any other health conditions that hiking will aggravate during the booking process.