Enjoy Cape Town’s most popular hike on a climb to the summit of Lion’s Head. Arrive at the top in time to enjoy the sunset and 360-degree views with a glass a wine. Take in the starry skies and the illuminated city of Cape Town on the way down.
What to Expect
Of all this hikes in Cape Town, the climb up Lion’s Head is definitely the most popular. Situated between Table Mountain and Signal Hill, the peak provides 360-degree views of the city, Table Bay and the Atlantic seacoast.
During the full moon this 3-hour sunset hike is extremely popular with fit locals and tourists alike. On any day however, taking in the sunset and the night lights from on high is a totally new way of enjoying Cape Town. You’ll make your way up to the peak on a spiral path with around an hour of gorgeous views.
At the summit you’ll be able to look down on Table Mountain and the city of Cape Town and enjoy a glass of wine, cold drink or snack as you watch the sun set on the Atlantic Ocean.
Walk back down with a headlamp and take in views of Table Mountain illuminated by the starry sky. If you’re lucky the moon might rise from the east further enhancing your views.
What's Not Included
- Food and drinks
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Transportation can be arranged upon request
• A snack, sandwich and water can be provided upon request
• Children under 18 can join for half price when accompanied by a adult
• No children under 8 years of age are allowed on the tour
• All hikes are at your own risk and are subject to weather conditions
• Bring a daypack, water, comfortable hiking boots or walking shoes (no flip-flops), sunscreen, a hat or cap and sunglasses, a warm top/wind and water proof outer layers, a camera/smartphone, a headlamp or flashlight and binoculars (for birders)