Visit a choice of 17 different churches on a 3.5-hour township tour of Cape Town. Marvel at the African-style gospel singing and dancing. Help support local businesses and share jokes with the local communities.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 3.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Pickup included
- Pickup is available from hotels in Cape town city center and waterfront areas on the Atlantic seaboard, including Camps Bay. Pickups in front of Victoria and Alfred hotel will be at 8:30 AM, and pickups at Cape Town Tourism on Burg Street will be at 9:00 AM. The vehicles will have the local supplier's name on in green bold letters.
- Wheelchair accessible
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- This tour runs every Sunday morning, providing there is a minimum of 2 people attending. It usually lasts about 4 hours in total
- You can combine the tour with a visit to Robben Island in the afternoon or lunch in a township restaurant
- Bring small change for donations and to purchase small arts and crafts in support of the small businesses of the township communities