Explore the wildlife in 3 National Parks, incl. Addo - along the Garden Route - in this untamed paradise on the south eastern coast of South Africa. Set your sense of adventure free with Beach, Safari, Surf, Bungy, Zipline, and more!
What to Expect
• Route 62 - Along South Africa's famous country road you'll capture the beauty of high mountains, twisting passes, rugged Karoo plains, vineyards and orchards. We will also stop for a drink at a famous country pub.
• Cango Wildlife Ranch - A sanctuary to some of the world's most endangered animals and contribute to conservation of over 60 species. You'll get the opportunity of a personal 'Natural Encounter' to touch cheetahs, hug Bengal tiger cubs, wrap yourself in a python and even dive with Nile crocodiles! (all optional activities - with extra costs)
• Cango Caves - These caves are an illuminated wonderland of subterranean magic and mystery, with passageways and chambers meandering far below. The tour will explore the narrow passages and vast halls filled with colorful ancient stalactites.
OVERNIGHT in Oudtshoorn
• Elephant feed experience - (Optional with extra cost) Fall in love with these giant and lovable creatures. Learn about the elephants' background, behaviour and character as you touch and feed them.
• Ostrich farm visit - tour an working ostrich farm.
• Bloukrans Bungy Jump - Face your fear and jump from the world's highest bungy jump or watch the adrenaline junkies as they scream through the air. (Optional with extra cost).
OVERNIGHT in Tsitsikamma Area or Jeffrey's Bay area
• Tsitsikamma National Park - Spend time in paradise as we explore the marine reserve with its unique combination of dramatic coastal and forest landscape.
• ±2 hour Drive in Addo Elephant National Park visit (in tour bus) - The third largest national park in South Africa, this park conserve a wide diversity of biodiversity, landscapes, fauna and flora. The original elephant section of the park was proclaimed to provide a safe haven for the few wild elephants who survived government-sponsored culling to remove them in the early 20th century. The lush vegetation provides protection and a rich food source, supporting what is now the most dense population of wild elephants on the planet. Today this finely tuned ecosystem is sanctuary to over 550 elephants, lions, buffalo, black rhino, spotted hyena, leopard, a variety of antelope and zebra and other species.
• extra 2 hour 4x4 Game Drive with game ranger in Addo Elephant National Park. (Optional with extra cost).
OVERNIGHT in Jeffrey's Bay
• Beachtime & Shopping in J'Bay - Go for an early morning surf or just chill out. The backpackers hire out surf boards and wetsuits at extra cost. We will stop at the the Billabong, Rib Curl and Quicksilver factory shops for excellent deals on branded clothing.
• Waterfall Zipline - The eight slides, of which the longest is 211m, zigzag along cables across the river gorge, as high as 50m above the water in some places. (Optional with extra cost). If you don't want to do the zipline experience, then you can go for a walk in the forest.
• Knysna - Nestled between forested mountains, sea and curving around a big lagoon, we visit The Heads, where the sea crashes through these two massive sandstone cliffs.
OVERNIGHT in Wilderness area
• Myoli Beach is an undiscovered beach paradise, perfect for swim or surf in the ocean.
• Wilderness Canoe - 18km of beaches cooled by sea spray, five lakes, five rivers and two estuaries, Wilderness is one of nature's jewels in the crown and a protected National Park. Canoe on the Wilderness lagoon and watch the bird life while gliding over the water in a pure encounter with nature.
- Travel back to reach Cape Town area by late evening.
- Pick-up from, and Drop-off at your accommodation within 10km radius of Cape Town.
- Cango Wildlife Ranch entrance fee
- Cango Caves adventure tour
- Ostrich farm tour
- Entrance to Addo National Park
- Entrance to Tsitsikamma National Park
- Entrance to Wilderness National Park
- 2hour game drive in tour bus in Addo National Park
- Wilderness canoeing
- Friendly local driver-guide
- Transport to tour's hotspots - with licensed and insured vehicle(s)
- Accommodation for 4 nights - as per package selected
What's Not Included
- Meals and drinks
- Personal insurance
- Optional extra activities
- OPTIONAL EXTRA ACTIVITIES available:
- Elephant feed experience (from R 330)
- Bungy jumping (from R 850)
- Extra 2 hour 4x4 Game Drive in Addo (from R 280)
- Waterfall Ziplining (from R 375)
- Surf board + wetsuit hire
- Cheetah encounter* (from R 230 pp)
- Diving with crocodiles (from R 340 pp)
Know Before You Go
Optional activities are weather dependent, and can only be booked and paid for on the tour. We select and book you in the best suited accommodation to suite the tour's itinerary.
*Some animal encounters are seasonal - availability can vary. Prices of optional activities are subject to change and are seasonal.