South African Wildlife and Safari 2-Day Tour from Cape TownProduct ID: 16676
From $200 per personBook now
Pick-up serviceComplimentary door-to-door transfers will pick you up and drop you off at your preferred pick-up address in and around Cape Town, Stellenbosch, Strand or Somerset West within a 10km radius of the city center.
- Spot some of the Big 5 game animals on a 2-hour 4x4 safari drive
- Visit a local ostrich farm
- Visit the Cango Wildlife Ranch to see some of the world's most endangered species
- Get close and feed orphaned elephants
- Enjoy a relaxed overnight stay at a comfortable guesthouse or backpackers' lodge
Leave Cape Town early in the morning for the scenic journey to Oudtshoorn. The drive takes you along Cape Route 62, also known as the Garden Route, which is famous for its beautiful scenery.
Next, you’ll tour a local ostrich farm to learn more about these fascinating animals. Then visit a game lodge where you can get up close to feed the elephants and see how calm and peaceful they can be.
At night, have a relaxing sleep in Oudtshoorn, a semi-desert town in the heart of the Klein Karoo.
Next morning, head to the Cango Wildlife Ranch; a sanctuary that’s home to some of the world's most endangered animals and contributes to the conservation of over 60 species.
During this visit, you'll again have the opportunity to get up close to cheetahs, hug Bengal tiger cubs and reptiles.These are all optional activities for an extra cost.
Then it’s time to hop on a 4x4 for a safari drive through a private game reserve. From the safety of an open-top vehicle, keep your eyes open for the Big 5 game animals (lion, elephant, buffalo, rhino and leopard) in their natural habitat. Leopards are nocturnal hunters and evasive, so you're unlikely to see them during the game drive.
The private game reserve is located in a malaria-free area, and is home to an abundance of other wildlife including giraffes, zebras, wildebeest, and more.
After this safari drive, the tour will take the N2 highway back to Cape Town, where you'll arrive back in the late evening.
- Round trip transfer from/to accommodation in Cape Town areas
- Ostrich farm visit and tour
- 4x4 "Big 5" game drive at a private game reserve
- Cango Wildlife Ranch entrance fee and tour
- Friendly local driver-guide
- Transport to tour's hot spots with licensed and insured vehicle(s)
- Accommodation for 1 night - as per package selected
- Meals and drinks
- Personal insurance
- Optional Extras:
- Elephant Bush Walk (+/- R360 per person)
Pick-up will be at your preferred pick-up address in and around Cape Town, Stellenbosch, or Somerset West, South Africa. Let us know where you want to be picked up, and we will confirm it with you the day before the tour departure date. Pick-up time is between 06:00am and 08:00am the morning of departure. An email will be sent confirming the exact pick-up time a day before the tour departs. (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 16676