Discover the history and color of the ancient Mayan civilization on this full-day tour from Playa del Carmen. See how the culture exists today and learn the fascinating history of the amazing archaeological site at Coba. Lunch and cenote swim included.
What to Expect
This fascinating and informative tour takes you on a journey to the real Mexico, to a time when the Mayan people ruled this part of the world. During your tour you will visit the archaeological site at Coba where the more adventurous can climb the pyramid of Nohoch Muul, the highest in the state. From the top of Nohoch Muul you'll be amazed by the stunning views. Discover the secrets of the mysterious Mayans as your expert guide entertains you with detailed information and fascinating stories to complement the tour.
From here your tour continues and you'll soon find yourself amidst a small Mayan community to experience their daily life. Your visit might include seeing the local school, visiting a Mayan house as well as learning about how the people make their living from the land. This is authentic Mexico at its best and you will have the chance to browse the villagers' handicrafts, where you may just find the perfect souvenir.
In keeping with the local theme of the trip, you will enjoy a delicious Mexican-style lunch with something to suit all tastes - you don’t have to be a lover of hot and spicy food to appreciate the dishes on offer! After lunch the final stop is an underground river cavern (cenote). The cenotes truly capture the natural beauty of this area as well as offering the perfect spot to cool down with a dip in the crystal-clear waters. They are an extraordinary natural phenomenon that you won’t want to miss.
- Round trip air-conditioned transportation
- Entrance to the archaeological site and guided tour
- Visit to a Mayan community
- Typical Mexican-style lunch
- Visit to a cenote with swim time
What's Not Included
- Gratuities (optional)
- Cycle-taxi or bicycle rental at Coba
Know Before You Go
• This activity is not suitable for pregnant women, people with severe mobility problems or those who have difficulty with physical activities
• Bring footwear suitable for walking (flip flops are not recommended), swimsuit, towel, extra t-shirt, biodegradable suncreen and repellent, bottled water and cash for souvenirs