Spend a memorable evening at a new purpose-built theater enjoying the Cirque du Soleil show, JOYÀ. Based on a traditional Mexican story, an alchemist and his granddaughter go on a journey to uncover the secrets of life. Dinner and champagne are available.
What to Expect
JOYÀ is an all-new 70-minute Cirque du Soleil show that engages the audience members’ 5 senses in an intimate theater setting. Drawing on Mexico’s history and heritage, JOYÀ tells the story of an alchemist and his granddaughter embarking on a transformative quest to uncover the secrets of life.
Through their wonderfully disorienting journey they discover a hidden gem in the mangrove, passing along the poetry of love and life to future generations.
The name JOYÀ comes from the Spanish word meaning jewel or pearl, and alludes to a person or event of great value. Throughout the performance, the alchemist’s granddaughter discovers joy and wisdom by sharing an extraordinary experience in an unlikely place.
JOYÀ will be housed in a 600-seat theater custom built for Cirque du Soleil, with the venue drawing inspiration from the natural beauty of the surrounding Riviera Maya jungle.
The following tickets and packages are available:
• High Stool: Approximately 18 meters from the stage, these comfortable bar-style stools with back support and leg rest are the closest to bars and restrooms. This is the ideal choice for those wanting a panoramic view of the whole show.
• Show Only: These seats are located at the edges of the theater, and table seating is offered. You’ll have the same view as with the Show and Champagne ticket but at an angle and with a closer view than what is offered from the high stools.
• Show and Champagne: This choice is ideal for those, especially couples and honeymooners, looking for a glamorous and romantic evening out, but do not choose to have dinner.
• Show with Dinner and Champagne: Enjoy some of the best seats in the house and a 3-course gourmet dinner with champagne. Tables for 2, 4, or 8 persons with spacious seating are available. You’ll have 60 minutes of pre-show access during dinner. The dinner features a selection of gourmet appetizers; a choice of entrée (prime cut of beef, or salmon, or marinated duck breast, or vegetarian pasta); and selected gourmet desserts.
• Show and Champagne Package: This choice is ideal for those, especially couples and honeymooners, looking for a glamorous and romantic evening out, including a selection of savory bites.
- Admission to the 70-minute JOYÀ show (according to your selected option)
KM 48, Carretera Federal, Cancun-Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo
What to Remember
Guests must be 18 years of age or older in order to enjoy packages that include alcohol (ID will be required at the entrance).
Children under the age of 5 are not admitted to the show.
Please note that tickets are not refundable and are subject to availability.
Please note that all bookings for this show include a non-refundable USD 5 booking fee.
Please note that show and dinner times may change. Your confirmed time will be provided once you make your reservation.