Live a wonderful experience exploring the archaeological site of Chichen Itza and watching the amazing Light and Sound Show. Swim in a beautiful Cenote located in the middle of the jungle and make your own souvenir.
What to Expect
This Chichen Itza Experience begins with a pick-up service in a luxurious Mercedes Benz vehicle, between 09:00 to 10:00 from the lobbies of all Cancun and Riviera Maya hotels. Upon arrival, you will go to the Cenote Ik Kil where you may take a nice swim and relax. Then you will go to the Mayaland Hotel where you will enjoy a delicious buffet lunch with fresh salads, soups, rice, meat, chicken, fish, vegetables and regional dishes. Lunch includes two drinks: beer, soda or bottled water.
After lunch at the Mayaland Hotel, you will be accompanied to your 2-hour tour of Chichen Itza by a certified guide, who will introduce you to the secrets of the Mayan World through the Mayaland’s private entrance, with a cold bottle of water for your visit. Your guide will explain the historical significance of the most important temples of this ancient city, admire the Temple of the Warriors, The Ball Court, The Observatory, The Nunnery, and the Pyramid of Kukulkan, one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World.
Upon your walking return to the Mayaland Resort you will enjoy an activity where you will be making your own handcrafted souvenirs! If you wish to relax, you may enjoy all of the amenities the resort has to offer, these include the bar, restaurants, and pools.
You will then head to see the Light and Sound Show at 20:00 in Spring/Summer and at 19:00 in Autumn/Winter, starting with a nightly tour through the archaeological site for a few minutes, later you can listen and watch a projected light show that brings the archaeological elements of the monuments to life.
You will listen to legends from the ancient Popol Vuh, sacred book of the Mayas; watch a serpent’s shade descending to the ground (equinox phenomenon), listen to Mayan players at the ball court, and the many sounds of life and death blazing through this ancient city. This might be your most exciting history lesson yet!
After the show you will enjoy a snack including fresh fruit, soft drinks, sandwich and sweet roll. On the way back, soft drinks and bottled water are included on board.
- Round-trip transportation in a Mercedes Benz vehicle
- Entrance to Cenote Ik Kil
- Free use of all of Mayaland Resort facilities: Swimming pools, lounge chairs and Botanical Gardens
- Buffet lunch at the Mayaland Resort including two drinks: beer, soft drinks or bottled water
- A Gray Line Certified, bi-lingual, official guide
- Free bottled water and soft drinks on board
What's Not Included
- Admission fee to Chichen Itza
- Light and Sound Show tickets 435 MXN Mexican pesos
- Meals/snacks/drinks not specified in the itinerary
Lobby of your hotel in Cancun or Riviera Maya.
Know Before You Go
• Wear light, comfortable clothing, comfortable walking or hiking shoes, sunglasses and hat. Bring sun block, drinking water, a bathing suit for the cenotes and swimming pools, and extra money
• Drop off schedule varies depending on the season and starting time of the Light and Sound Show
• The commentary to the Light and Sound Show is only available Spanish audio