Enjoy a half-day adventure, exploring the breathtaking underwater world of the second-longest coral barrier reef on the planet. The half day tour includes snorkeling on 2 spectacular reefs.
What to Expect
Your journey begins as you depart from your hotel and head to Punta Tanchacte, in Bahía Petempich. This is 500 meters from the Puerto Morelos Reef National Park and 35 minutes from Cancun or Playa Del Carmen.
On arrival, you will meet your snorkeling guides who will give you instructions and safety information. Then make your way out to the reef on a boat.
The first part of the snorkeling trip starts in a deeper section of the park. Admire the beauty of the reef and its inhabitants in panoramic splendor in the crystal clear Caribbean waters. The second snorkeling location takes you to a more shallow part of the reef, home to a completely different variety of marine life and beautiful corals.
After your snorkeling adventure, head to the Beach Club equipped with thatched shade umbrellas on the beach, changing rooms, showers, bathrooms, lockers, volleyball court, souvenir shop, hammocks, main bar and beach bar. Here you can refresh, grab a bite to eat, relax and change for the return trip to your hotel. Be sure to visit the souvenir shop where you can purchase photos from your snorkeling adventure. You can plan to be back at your hotel around 1pm.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Snorkeling gear
- Guided snorkeling on 2 different sites (one deep and one shallow - 45 minutes each time)
- Bottled water on board after snorkeling
- Continental light breakfast (fruit, sweet bread, coffee with milk and juice)
- Soft drinks and beer after snorkeling
What's Not Included
- Gratuities (optional)
- Mandatory national reef fee (US$5 per person)
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking
• It is recommended that you bring biodegradable sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat