Canbeera Explorer - Capital Brewery Tour - Full Day
- Learn all about beer and what goes into making it, with a beer in your hand of course, from owners and brewers
- Grab a burger, schnitzel or choose from a range of other tasty lunch options while enjoying a cold beer
- Have a peek in the barrel room and find out about cask conditioning
- With the brewery as a backdrop to the bar, you can even “tour” from the comfort of your table
Lunch is at The Durham Castle Arms at Kingston. A stalwart of the Canberra pub scene, “the Duzza” has 10 taps of constantly rotating craft beer and hosts regular tap takeovers and beer “fight clubs”. Grab a burger, schnitzel or choose from a range of other tasty lunch options while enjoying a cold beer during our stay. A short trip back into town takes us to the Wig & Pen Tavern, Canberra’s oldest craft brewery, which opened in 1994. Here you will chat with head brewer, Alan, explore the brewery, learn about cask conditioning and have a peek in the barrel room. You will then retire to sample more of their wares in the bar, which was once the green room for the Llewellyn Hall concert venue where the brewery now resides.
With time to squeeze in one more brewery, it’s back to BentSpoke in Braddon. Opened in 2014 by award-winning brewer Richard Watkins and partner Tracy, marvel at the innovative use of space (not to mention the shiny stainless steel and bicycle-inspired décor) as we sample beers from the seasonally changing 18 taps. With the brewery as a backdrop to the bar, you can even “tour” from the comfort of your table. Finish at approximately 5:30pm at BentSpoke Brewing Co in Braddon, which is minutes from many of the area’s fine restaurants for a dinner stop to round out One Great Day. Please note, while this is our usual itinerary, the order may change slightly due to brewery operations. Start times are fixed, however, drop off times can change slightly depending on traffic and other factors. Our guides/drivers do everything they can to have you back as close to the drop off time as promised.
- Behind the scenes tours of each brewery
- A heap of fun facts about beer
- A good number of beer and cider tastings throughout the day
- An amazing lunch
- Transport in air-conditioned buses
- Snacks and water
- An awesome tour guide
- Extra or take-away beers at the breweries