From Mérida: Full-Day Campeche Tour with Edzná & Becal
Pickup optional• Please arrive 10 minutes before the departure tour (8:50 am) • Please contact Turitransmerida Agency to confirm your tour. • Pick up service is only available at Hotels in Merida's Historical Center (Down Town). • (Hostels or Airbnb pick up is not available)
- Discover the pretty historical center of Campeche, also a World Heritage Site
- Explore the archeological site of Edzna
- Visit a traditional hat factory in cavern at Becal
Your first stop will be Edzná, to visit the Mayan archaeological site with your tour guide who will explain the history of the site and what you see today.
Then head to Becal village, where the famous Jipi hats are made by hand in a cavern. Visit a local hat manufacturer here and learn more.
Next, you are in the capital city of Campeche, being the only walled colonial city in Mexico it maintains centuries of history within its walls and fortresses, which were built to protect against the pirates who constantly invaded and looted the city. The beautiful and colorful historic center has been a World Heritage Site since 1999. In the city, you make a stop at the 18th century San Miguel fort to admire the largest fort in Campeche.
Then enjoy some free time to explore the historic neighborhood of Campeche and eat your lunch (lunch is not included). After, return to Merida.
- Entry to Edzná archeological site
- Entry to Hat Factory
- Return transportation from-to Merida's Downtown
- English-speaking guide
- Travel insurance.
- Pregnant women
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
• Please arrive 10 minutes before the departure tour (8:50 am) • Please contact Turitransmerida Agency to confirm your tour. • Meet at Turistransmerida Office in Downtown Merida. • Choose this option if you are staying at a Hostel or Airbnb.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Comfortable clothes
• The temperature on the site is very hot, please bring comfortable clothes.