Explore Coastal Monterey and 17 Mile Drive from a powerful electric bike. Ride as far as Carmel and back, and take in all the wildlife and scenery.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Reserve now & pay later
- Reserve now & pay later to book your spot without any charges today. Learn more
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Host or greeter
- Private group
Select participants and date
Look for bikes on the porch along Ocean View Blvd. Directly across from Hopkin's Marine Station.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
Know before you go
- Riding in light rain is optional. You can still go out, or you can cancel for a full refund.
- In the event of heavy rain (when more than 1 centimeter is forecast in 4 hours), the local partner will automatically reschedule or offer you the chance to cancel for a full refund.
- For a short section, the bikes ride along Ocean View Boulevard is shared with cars; ramp up the pedal-assist as needed. It's a wide scenic road, with cars and bikes typically going about the same pace. Make sure you're comfortable riding at least 15 mph/24 kph. The bikes are governed to 20 mph/32 kph, but typically you're unlikely to reach full speed on this particular stretch due to slow-moving cars. Soon, the road narrows and you will get a full bike lane.
- After Bird Rock, the bike lane again withers away through this scenic, curvy section. But by this point, most riders are comfortable riding the e-bikes 15—20 mph/24–32 kph with traffic.