Calgary: Food Walking Tour in Historical Inglewood
- Explore Inglewood, the birthplace of Calgary, and enjoy 6 tasting stops
- Marvel at the stories of Calgary's mavericks and their trail-blazing effects on the city's culture
- Get hands-on experience with knife skills instruction
- Use your senses to discover the secrets to spice blending
- Learn to make Alberta Vinaigrette in the garden where the ingredients were grown
Meet your expert guide at a native art gallery for the first 2 tastings and the story behind them. Stroll a block to one of Calgary's finest restaurants and enjoy a demo and 2-course lunch with a beverage in the garden.
Then, visit 2 leading-edge culinary mavericks for a hands-on experience at one and a sensory experience at the other. Continue a few blocks for dessert and coffee or tea and learn how pioneers provisioned in the days of the old west, while also getting a feel for what that would be like today.
Finish with a lively beverage in a famous hotel saloon and toast the maverick spirit of Calgary. At the end of your tour, take home a few fun mementos with you.
- All food and beverages as outlined
- A takeaway gift
- Taxes, tips, and tabs at all locations
- A local expert storytelling guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities for your guide
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
Meet at the Moonstone Creation - a peach-coloured bungalow house on the corner of 12 St and 10 Ave SE, 1219 10 Ave SE, Calgary, AB T2G 0W6, Canada. Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the activity starts.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
• You will walk 1.3 kilometers (0.8 miles) on this tour
• The tour is accessible for wheelchairs
• Dress in layers as Alberta's weather changes frequently
• Bring your own reusable water bottle if you would like to hydrate between the sit-down stops
• Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the activity starts