Visit the place where Moses received the 10 Commandments from God at the foot of Mount Sinai. Beautifully isolated, you will walk with Bedouins and see a dramatic sunrise from the roof of the mountain.
What to Expect
Take a tour to one of the holiest places in the world on this overnight trip from Cairo to the Sinai Desert and St. Catherine’s Monastery, located in the remote city of the same name.
The city dates back to the days of the Pharaohs, who mined the area for gold, turquoise and copper. But it was the Romans who first built a monastery on the location where Moses is believed to have received the Commandments.
Taking an early morning walk with a Bedouin guide you will climb to the top of the mountain and visit the monastery on your descent.
You will be picked up from your hotel in Cairo early in the morning for the drive to St. Catherine’s. The journey of about 6 hours will be by private, air-conditioned car where you can relax and enjoy the views of the sun-scorched desert and Wadis.
On arrival you will be checked in to the hotel for an early dinner.
Rise at 02:00 to begin the climb up Moses’ Mountain. A Bedouin guide will accompany you and explain the story. Enjoy a dramatic sunrise from the top of the hill before your descent. On the way down you will pause at the Monastery and have time to explore.
It was built to honor the martyr St. Catherine of Alexandria who was sentenced to death because of her faith. Refusing to die on the wheel, she was eventually beheaded. According to legend, she was carried to the site of the monastery by angels
Discover some of the exquisite mosaics and icons in the monastery, before you return to your hotel for breakfast, followed by the transfer back to Cairo.
- Round-trip service from your hotel in Cairo
- Transportation via private air-conditioned car
- Overnight accommodation in St. Catherine's in a 4-star hotel, Catherine Plaza Hotel on half-board basis
- Breakfast & dinner at the resort in St. Catherine's
- Admission fees to the historic places mentioned
- English speaking tour guide during your trip
- A bottle of mineral water
- Bedouin guide while climbing the mountain
- All taxes and service charges
What's Not Included
- All extras not listed in the package
Know Before You Go
• This Tour is available everyday. Book at least 24 hours before departure
• 2 person minimum, or 30 per cent Single Supplement for single participants