Fly from Sharm el Sheikh to Cairo to explore Egypt’s wonderful capital city. Visit the Pyramids of Giza, The Egyptian Museum Tutankhamen's Tomb and more. Go to a perfume and papyrus factory to buy souvenir gifts.
What to Expect
Spend the day in Cairo and visit the Great Pyramids of Giza and the Great Sphinx on a full-day tour from Sharm el Sheikh. Following an early morning pick-up from your Sharm hotel, you will fly direct to Cairo and receive a guided tour of its attractions.
Jump on a plane at Sharm and you will be in Cairo in just under 45 minutes. You will arrive in Cairo just after breakfast, and then it is an action packed day with many sights to see. Your guide will put you through your paces to get it all done, before leaving the amazing city full of new knowledge.
The trip usually starts with a tour of the world-famous Museum of Egyptian Antiquities. Built in a neo-classical style, and designed by the French architect Marcel Dourgnon, its collections exceed 12,0000 masterpieces, ranging from the pre-dynastic era, to the Pharaonic era and the Greco-Roman period.
You will see Tutankhamen’s tomb and his solid gold death mask. The mummy’s tomb is also available to see at an extra cost.
After exploring the museum in the morning, head to a local restaurant for lunch. You can travel on the tour bus, or pay a small extra fee to go by small felucca.
The afternoon is action packed, with a trip to Giza to see the Great Pyramids, the oldest of the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World and one of the last still standing.
The area of the Great Sphinx is truly spectacular. Make sure you bring your camera to take some photographic memories of the ancient sites.
Before leaving Cairo, you will visit a perfume factory and a papyrus factory, where you can buy souvenirs and sample the local craftsmanship. The day will give you a great taster and snapshot of Cairo, but as there is so much to see and do, we expect you will want to come back soon!
Fly back to Sharm el Sheikh in the evening to arrive at your hotel at around 21:30.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off from Sharm el Sheikh
- Air-conditioned transport
- English speaking guide
- Entrance to museum, Pyramid area, Sphinx, perfume and papyrus factory
What's Not Included
- Refreshments other than those listed above
- Optional gratuities
- Trip on the felucca to the restaurant (approximately Le 50-70 paid locally)
- Entrance to the Pyramids (approximately Le 40-100 paid locally)
- Entrance to the mummies room at the museum (approximately Le 100 paid locally)
Know Before You Go
• Dress code/What to bring; Casual dress according to the weather for that day. Please bring a sunhat, sunglasses, sunscreen, and bottle of water if needed.
• Collect a breakfast box from hotel
• Passport and visa needed
• Bring spending money for additional items