Visit Cairo, the largest city in Africa and Egypt's capital, on a full-day trip from Hurghada. Explore historic treasures such as the Great Pyramids and Valley Temple. Wander the city's bustling streets and learn about the country's fascinating history.
What to Expect
You will be transferred from your hotel by air-conditioned coach for two days trip to Cairo and the famous Giza Plateau to visit the Pyramids of Cheops, Chephren and Mykerinos, which were named by the Greeks to be one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, the Great Sphinx and the Valley Temple. Next you will move onto the Egyptian Museum, which features artifacts from the Pharaonic period including the treasures of the Child-King Tutankhamen - and then you will be transferred to the hotel for check-in and overnight stay.
The second day, enjoy an excursion to the Citadel of Saladin and Mohamed Ali's Alabaster Mosque. The latter, in the Ottoman style, is built in such a way that it can be seen from all over Cairo. Next you move on to the Babylon's Fortress to visit the St. Sergio's church with the Crypt where the Holy Family took refuge, the Suspended church, which is rich in antiquities from early Christian era and the St. Barbara's Church, where the relics of Saint John are preserved. From there you will be transferred to visit Khan el Khalili, the famous Cairo Bazaars and Open Market dating back to the fourteenth century. Back to Hurghada.
- Pick up and drop off service from your hotel in Hurghada
- All transfers by a private air-conditioned deluxe vehicle
- Air-conditioned bus
- Professional English-speaking Egyptologist guide
- Entrance fees to all mentioned sights
- Lunch at local restaurant
- Shopping tour in Cairo
- 1 night accommodation at 4 star hotel in Cairo
- 2 day excursions in Cairo
- All services charges and taxes
What's Not Included
- Any Extras not mentioned in the itinerary
- Drinks at restaurant
- Entrance to Mummy room in Egyptian Museum
- Entrance inside Great Pyramid, Giza or the Solar boat museum
Know Before You Go
• Children must be accompanied by an adult