Spend a day on the mighty Tully River, regarded as Australia’s best rafting river. No prior rafting experience is needed as the experts will teach you all to know before you experience the thrill of Grade 3 and 4 rapids. A riverside BBQ lunch is included.
What to Expect
Located just 2 hours south of Cairns, the Tully River is regarded as the best river rafting destination in Australia. With its technical and demanding Grade 3 and 4 rapids, the river attracts guides and rafters from around the world. Begin your full-day rafting adventure with a transfer from your hotel in Cairns or Mission Beach.
The regulated river flow provided by the Kareeya Hydro Power Station makes for perfect rafting conditions, with guaranteed water levels all year round. The Tully River hosted the Australian Canoe and White Water Championships in 1991.
Add to this the spectacular beauty of the Tully Gorge National Park through which the river runs and the rainforest on both sides of the river and you have the perfect site for your rafting adventure.
You’ll need to hold on at times on the rapids, but you really don’t need any prior rafting experience to enjoy the trip. A sense of adventure is a must!
Each raft holds a maximum of 7 passengers and 1 river guide. The guide will make sure travel along the river safely. In fact, every one of the guides in expertly trained in safety practices.
The activity is so safe that you don't even have to be able to swim! In addition, all the rafts stay close together, traversing the rapids in a carefully planned sequence with guides providing cover from the river banks.
Enjoy a well-earned barbeque lunch on the riverbank!
- Approximately 5 hours of white water rafting (guaranteed water levels year round)
- BBQ lunch beside the river
- Exclusive Raging Thunder Café
- All tuition (no experience necessary)
- All accommodation transfers
- Optional extras (photos and merchandise available for purchase)
What's Not Included
- Pay-on-board fee of AUD 30 per person for insurance charges, land management agency-prescribed daily client fee, water release fee, transfer costs, GST, and administration charges (payable on the day of travel)
Know Before You Go
Please note the following:
• minimum age is 13 years, and anyone under 18 must travel with a guardian or parent
* All Xtreme rafters must be confident swimmers and have good English skills
* lace-up shoes or reef / teva sandals must be worn on the river. Bring your own (these will get wet) or simply hire footwear on the day for $5 pair.
• rafting is not suitable for pregnant women
• Port Douglas departures available for groups on request