Combine a memorable Skyrail Rainforest Cableway experience with a ride on the Kuranda Scenic Railway. Learn about the pioneering history of Cairns, and enjoy return transfers from most Cairns and Northern Beaches accommodations.
What to Expect
Enjoy an unforgettable journey on the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway that takes you over and through Australia's World Heritage-listed tropical rainforest in the Barron Gorge National Park on this 1-day activity package.
Glide just meters above the canopy along a 7.5-kilometer span in a comfortable 6-person gondola. Take in views of tropical Cairns, the Coral Sea and lush Cairns Highlands.
You’ll stop at Red Peak Station for a guided boardwalk tour with a Skyrail Ranger, to learn about the ancient tropical forests. You’ll also make a stop at Barron Falls Station, where you’ll find pathways and lookouts over the Barron Gorge and Falls, historical displays and a Rainforest Interpretation Centre. Developed in conjunction with CSIRO, the Interpretation Centre features interactive touch-screen computers that provide an engaging and fun learning experience for people of all ages.
Combine your journey with a trip on the Kuranda Scenic Railway. Built over 120 years ago, this historic train winds its way through the mountains between Kuranda and Freshwater Station. Enjoy scenic views of mountains rising from sea level to 328 meters, spectacular waterfalls and the stunning Barron Gorge. The journey includes English commentary and a commentary companion guide with information on the history of the railway’s construction, a trip map and a map of Kuranda.
This package includes round-trip transfers from Cairns and Northern Beaches accommodations, excluding Holloways and Machans Beaches and Yorkeys Knob.
Multiple winner of the Qantas Award for Excellence in Sustainable Tourism, Skyrail Rainforest Cableway is The World's Most Beautiful Rainforest Experience. It is located just 15 minutes from Cairns city center and 50 minutes from Port Douglas.
- Round-trip Skyrail Rainforest Cableway experience visiting the World Heritage Rainforest
- Rainforest boardwalks and interpretive signage
- Guided ranger tour at Red Peak Station
- Entry to the Rainforest Interpretation Centre at Barron Falls Station
- Lookouts and historical displays at Barron Falls Station
- Trip guides in 11 languages
- Free WiFi at Smithfield, Kuranda and Barron Falls terminals and stations
- Kuranda Scenic Railway journey (including English commentary, a companion guide with information on the history of the railway’s construction and a trip map)
- Round-trip transfers from Cairns and Northern Beaches accommodations (excluding Holloways and Machans Beaches and Yorkeys Knob)
What's Not Included
- Upgrades to other travel classes
- Any retail or Canopy Cafe purchases
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
Please be advised that you must travel on the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway, Kuranda Scenic Railway and booked transfers at your pre-booked departure time. Skyrail Rainforest Cableway has pre-set times at which guests travel on their itineraries. Once your Skyrail Rainforest Cableway & Kuranda Scenic Railway experience with round-trip transfers has been ticketed changes cannot be made.
Note that Skyrail Rainforest Cableway and Kuranda Scenic Railway are closed on 25 December 2016.
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway is closed for planned preventative maintenance on 24, 25 and 26 March 2017.
Kuranda Scenic Railway is closed for planned preventative maintenance on 17 and 18 October 2016, 17 and 18 November 2016 and 01 and 02 December 2016.