Kuranda: 1-Hour Rainforest ATV Tour
- Explore a UNESCO World Heritage rainforest
- Taste exotic fruit fresh from the tree (when in season)
- Spot a cassowary in the wild
- Learn about local pioneer history
You’ll feel secure and prepared after receiving a training session at the beginning of the tour. Confidently ride through the rainforest and take in the atmosphere of this vibrant flora. Follow the ancient timber logger tracks and discover unique trees. As you venture through the forest, your tour guide will share amazing facts and stories from the history of the pioneers.
Get your blood pumping as you ride through the water of a permanent creek crossing. Bite into a piece of fresh fruit straight from the tree. The property houses a gorgeous orchard of 600+ trees.
If your lucky, you may be able to spot a cassowary. This blue-headed flightless bird is related to ostriches and emus and makes it’s home in these rain forests. Although it’s incredibly rare to see these elusive birds in the wild, several of cassowaries make their home on the estate, and many visitors have had the chance to lay eyes on this rare and beautiful bird.
- Beginner's ATV training session
- Safety glasses
- Anything not specified above
Prepare for the activity
Drive to our location 1015 Kennedy Highway (opposite Rainforestation). Once you see our sign and a wooden gate with "1015" in it drive through the dirt road (good condition) for 1.5km until you see our bike shed. Please park your vehicle on the left. If you come via Uber/RideShare it is your responsibility to contact us prior to the tour to arrange pick-up at the front gate, as some drivers don't want to drive in the property.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Open-toed shoes
• No driver's license required.
• A disclaimer must be signed prior to participating in the tour.
• Minimum riding age is 10 years old.
• Children's fare is for 10-14 years old.
• There are weight restrictions for the different types of ATV's. Some bikes are limited to 85kg and others to 175kg.