Kuranda Rainforest Riverboat Cruise
- Cruise the tranquil waters of the world’s most ancient tropical rainforest along the Barron River
- Admire freshwater crocodiles, turtles, snakes, water dragons and fish
- Take advantage of the great photographic opportunities afforded by the rainforest
Hear insights into the history of Kuranda, and stories about the animals, reptiles and birds that reside in this part of Tropical North Queensland.
The river is home to freshwater crocodiles (Crocodylus johnsoni or Crocodylus johnstoni), turtles, snakes, water dragons and fish, together with over 100 species of tropical birds. Cassowaries are sometimes seen on the far side of the river.
- 45-minute calm water cruise with English commentary
- Food and drinks
Prepare for the activity
Kuranda Riverboat Jetty. To access walk across the footbridge at the Kuranda Railway Station and go down the stairs to the river where the red flags are flying. Getting to Kuranda is easy by bus with Transnorth Bus Company, hire car, Skyrail Rainforest Cableway or the Kuranda Scenic Railway.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• The tour is suitable for all ages. Children under 5 years of age are free of charge
• Please note there is no guarantee that freshwater crocodiles will be seen on every cruise