Cruise to vibrant coral gardens and diverse marine life at the Outer Great Barrier Reef on board the Silverswift catamaran. Sail to 3 different reef sites and snorkel among colorful coral reefs and reef fish.
What to Expect
Climb aboard the Silverswift luxury catamaran, custom-designed for the thrill of diving and snorkeling, and enjoy a day of fun and adventure on the Outer Great Barrier Reef.
Perfect for adventure-minded people, you’ll enjoy 5 hours of aquatic fun for unlimited snorkeling, up to 3 certified dives, and introductory diving. This is the fastest dive trip from Cairns to the outer reef, giving you more time to play. It is also the only day dive trip from Cairns that visits 3 sites in one day.
Explore spectacular coral formations and underwater gardens awash with vibrantly colored marine creatures, as you visit the outer reef sites of Flynn, Pellowe, Milln and/or Thetford Reefs.
Snorkel briefs are conducted at each site and a guided snorkel tour is included in your day. Introductory diving is available for those with no prior experience, and you’ll have an expert dive instructor by your side to guide you through an unforgettable adventure. Certified divers can experience up to 3 dives at 3 different sites, with all dives guided to maximize your experience.
On board, your friendly crew will encourage you to relax and enjoy the vessel’s comforts, including a delicious hot and cold tropical buffet lunch. Silverswift also features spacious sundeck areas, hot freshwater showers, change rooms and a licensed bar. The large dive and snorkel platform provides easy water access for all water activities. With a state-of-the-art ride control system, a smooth journey is ensured, even when travelling at up to 32 knots.
- Return Silverswift cruise from Cairns
- Morning and afternoon teas
- Hot and cold tropical buffet lunch
- Snorkeling equipment, mask, snorkel and fins
- Snorkel brief at each site
- Qualified lifeguard supervision
- Equipment for divers provided, including wetsuit
- Guided snorkel tour
- Prescription masks available at no additional cost
What's Not Included
- Scuba diving is optional at an additional cost
- EMC Government Environment Management Charge of AUD 6.50 per person payable direct to Great Adventures/Silverswift on the day of travel
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Additional Cost: EMC Government Environment Management Charge of AUD 6.50 per person payable direct to Great Adventures/Silverswift on the day of travel.
• Coach transfers are available from Cairns and Northern Beaches accommodations at an additional cost
• Certain medical conditions and medications may preclude some people from scuba diving. For advice, contact Great Adventures office
• The minimum age for scuba diving in Queensland Australia is 12 years
• Silverswift departs daily from Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal at 08:30, returning at 16:30. Coach transfers are available from Cairns and Northern Beaches accommodations