Embark on a full-day scuba diving tour for certified divers, and visit a few of the spectacular reef dive sites surrounding Cairns. Explore underwater caverns and vast coral gardens and marvel at the diversity of marine life in the beautiful Coral Sea.
What to Expect
Begin the day at 08:00, with a departure from the Cairns Marlin Marina aboard a TUSA 6, the city's newest and most comfortable reef craft. Enjoy the relaxing 90-minute cruise to the spectacular outer reefs surrounding Cairns, and make your way to 2 different diving sites throughout the course of the day, carefully selected by the Captain according to the best weather and tide conditions.
Be prepared to visit anything from caverns and isolated pinnacles to vast coral gardens, as you marvel at the diversity and vibrancy of the marine life, taking advantage of the pristine conditions of the reef sites to explore the underwater world in its natural state.
Enjoy 4 to 5 hours of diving, embarking on as many as 3 dives, with the freedom to dive with your friends or to join the guided dives with the instructors, returning to Cairns at approximately 16:00.
- Fresh, healthy, and tasty buffet style lunch
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Tea, coffee, and milo (with soup in the winter)
- Quality masks, fins and booties
- Top quality scuba equipment and dive computers
- Lycra suits for all in the warmer months
- 3- to 5-mm long-arm short-leg wetsuits all year round
- Free prescription mask hire
- Reef talk and presentation
- Professional photographer on board (photos cost extra)
- Hot fresh showers onboard
What's Not Included
- Dive with guide (optional)
- Environmental management charge (government charge to enter the Marine Park) and port administration fee – 10 USD per person for all passengers age 4 and over
- Hotel pick-up (payable on board)
- Professional photographs
Know Before You Go
2 to 3 dives available
Cairns hotel return transfers are 15 AUD per person
Northern Beaches hotel return transfers at 20 AUD per person
Guided dives at 10 USD per dive
Nitrox Fills (32%) at 15 USD per fill
Cancellations: 100% charge with less than 24 hours notice
Special Notes for Divers:
All divers must complete a questionnaire onboard. A history of certain medical conditions and/or prescription medicines may preclude you from scuba diving, and a doctor’s release (arranged prior to your trip) may be required. Tusa Dive recommends a wait of 24 hours after diving before flying or ascending over 300 meters.
Tusa operate with a average 1:5 staff to passenger ratio
Photographs cost extra. We use a subcontractor to take photographs on board, and so this operates as a separate company, and all payments for photographs are paid direct to the company on board the day trip.