Travel to Cooktown, one of Australia's most exciting desitnations, and spend a day adventuring in the outback. Explore one of Australia's last frontiers. Take part in a 4WD tour adventure from Cairns or Port Douglas.
What to Expect
After a hotel pick-up in an air-conditioned four-wheel drive (4WD) vehicle, you will travel north along the Captain Cook Highway. The highway is one of Australia’s most scenic coastal drives towards the World Heritage Listed Daintree National Park.
You will journey through the spectacular natural scenery, which contains the highest number of rare plants and animal species. Your experienced guide will enlighten you with incredible stories and history along the way.
Continuing into the World Heritage Daintree National Park, you will cross rivers and mountain ranges as you travel the famous 4WD-only Bloomfield Track. Lunch will be served at the renowned Lion’s Den Hotel (est. 1875), one of North Queensland’s oldest running bush pubs.
After lunch you journey to the unique geological oddity that is Black Mountain. Next you will arrive in Cooktown to visit Grassy Hill. Here, you will experience 360-degree views of the Endeavour River, Cooktown and the Coral Sea. Enjoy up to 2 hours free time to explore historical Cooktown. Transfer to Cooktown Airport for your 45-minute flight with Hinterland Aviation Airlines. You will travel along the scenic coast between the reef and rainforest.
- 4WD air-conditioned vehicle
- Friendly, knowledgeable driver-guide
- One of Australia’s most scenic coastal drives
- World Heritage Listed Daintree National Park
- Cable ferry across the Daintree River
- Morning Tea
- 4WD only Bloomfield Track
- Lunch at an Aussie Bush Pub
- Black Mountain
- Free time in Cooktown
- 45 minute flight from Cooktown
- Transfers to Cooktown Airport
- Courtesy pick-up
What's Not Included
- Transfer from Cairns General Aviation to accommodation
- Guests will need to make their own transfer arrangements at the end of the tour.
Know Before You Go
During our winter months June – August flight departs at sunset