See exotic fish and other marine life on a snorkeling trip in the Great Barrier Reef. Visit 2 different locations to marvel at the diverse reef structures. Benefit from staff assistance and qualified PADI instructors to dive into deeper waters.
What to Expect
Snorkel among the fish and coral gardens of the Great Barrier Reef, starting with the pristine beach of Michaelmas Cay. Swim in the turquoise waters of a world renowned bird sanctuary. The shallow waters of the beach make it ideal for beginners and novices.
Staff can provide complimentary guided tours, while a dedicated dive tender is available for the more experienced who want to explore deeper waters. First time divers will benefit from a free 10-minute scuba instruction in the water. The staff are fully trained and qualified PADI professionals who provide the utmost care and patience with beginner divers.
Then, enjoy a chef-prepared lunch aboard the boat, and feast from a selection of hot and cold buffet meats, salads, prawns and fresh tropical fruit.
The second location of the day is chosen from over 27 different moorings on the Outer Great Barrier Reef. These include Hastings Reef, a 10-square-kilometer patch of spectacular corals and exotic fish. See stunning coral gardens at dive sites such as 1770, Coral Gardens, Turtle Bommie and Split Bommie. Other reefs you may visit include Paradise Reef, Long Bommie and Pretty Patches. Enjoy another round of in-water activities and marvel at the diverse reef structure. Staff are on hand to offer assistance for both snorkelers and divers.
End the day as the captain hoists the sails, and cruise back to Cairns. Enjoy a cold drink from a fully licensed bar and relax on the boom netting. Alternatively, watch presentations about the marine life from the passionate eco-certified staff.
- Morning and afternoon tea
- High quality snorkeling equipment
- Full tuition and complimentary snorkel tours
- Flotation vests
- 10-minute in-water introduction to scuba diving
- Chef prepared lunch (allergies catered for on request)
- An on-board marine life presentation
What's Not Included
- Government reef levy
- Wetsuits/stinger suits
- Underwater camera hire with an 8GB SD card
- Scuba dive
- Glass bottom boat tour
- Bottled water, snacks and drinks from the bar
Reef Fleet Terminal, Number 1 Spence Street, Cairns.
Know Before You Go
• All passengers must compete a QLD medical questionnaire on the boat before departure. Some medical conditions may preclude you from diving. Please contact the supplier directly for further information
• The minimum age for diving is 12 years old with parental consent and completion of a medical questionnaire
• Passengers under 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent/guardian over 18 years old
• A moderate level of fitness is required as this is an in-water based activity
• All certified divers must provide proof of certification
• Please note that at times it may only be possible to visit one destination (e.g. Michaelmas Cay) due to inclement weather conditions and strong winds. The skipper will decide on the way to the reef and keep everyone informed of the sailing plans
• A $15 per person reef levy is due at check-in