Explore the landing beaches and key World War II sites of Normandy on this 12-hour history tour. Visit the Memorial de Caen museum, stop for lunch at La Terrasse Restaurant, and continue to Arromanches, Omaha Beach, Colleville-sur-Mer and more.
What to Expect
Go on a journey back through time on a 12-hour sightseeing tour of the World War II sites and landing beaches of Caen and Normandy.
The excursion starts with a guided tour of the Memorial de Caen Museum. Here, you will go on an historical journey through the 20th century, discovering major events from the end of World War I to the fall of the Berlin Wall. The museum features an entire section devoted to D-Day, and is the only museum in Normandy to relate the intensity of the invasion and explain its preparation in both enemy camps.
Pause for lunch at the lovely La Terrasse Restaurant. Then, continue your tour to the Normandy landing beaches, in the company of a bilingual guide from Le Mémorial de Caen. Travel by air-conditioned minivan to the key American D-Day sites seeing the artificial harbor at Arromanches, the American Military Cemetery at Colleville-sur-Mer, Omaha Beach and the Pointe du Hoc.
Alternatively, select the Canadian tour to see Bernières-sur-Mer, the Juno Beach Centre, the Canadian Cemetery in Bény-sur-Mer and the Abbaye d’Ardenne. This tour is available on Tuesday and Thursday from June to September only.
- Pick-up from Caen Rail Station
- Bilingual tour of the World War II section of the Mémorial de Caen Museum
- Lunch at La Terrasse Restaurant at Le Mémorial de Caen
- Bilingual 5-hour tour of key D-Day landing beaches and sites by 7-seat minivan
- Drop off at Caen Rail Station at around 18:30 from October to March and at around 19:30 from April to September to connect with trains back to Paris.
What's Not Included
- Your return train ticket from Paris to Caen. This can be purchased online from the French railway company SNCF: http://www.voyages-sncf.com (aim to arrive at Caen railway station by 09:00 on weekdays, 10:00 on Saturdays and 11:00 on Sundays)
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• This tour is not eligible for children under the age of 3
• From 28 January to 31 March and 01 October to 31 December, on Sundays the guided visit of the Memorial de Caen Museum will last 30 minutes. This is due to the fact that on Sundays during this period, the earliest train from Paris arrives at Caen around 11:00 and the departure of the guided tour of the D-DAY landing sites is at 13:00.
• Please note that this tour is not suitable for wheelchair users.
• Please wear appropriate shoes and clothes. It can be windy along the beaches and temperatures can be cool even during the summer.