Normandy: D-Day Landing Beaches and Museum Guided Tour
- Explore the landing beaches and World War II sites of Normandy
- Learn about the momentous D-Day events with a guided visit of the Memorial de Caen Museum
- Visit key American D-Day sites
- Lunch at the lovely La Terasse Restaurant at Le Mémorial de Caen
- Watch "Normandy's 100 Days" at the Arromanches 360 Circular Cinema
The excursion starts with a guided tour of the Memorial de Caen Museum. Here, go on an historical journey through the 20th century, discovering major events from the end of World War I to the fall of the Berlin Wall. The museum features an entire section devoted to D-Day and is the only museum in Normandy to relate the intensity of the invasion and explain its preparation in both enemy camps.
Pause for lunch at the lovely La Terrasse Restaurant. Then, continue your tour to the Normandy landing beaches, in the company of a bilingual guide from Le Mémorial de Caen. Travel by air-conditioned minivan to the key American D-Day sites seeing the artificial harbor at Arromanches-Les-Bains and watching the film "Normandy's 100 Days" at the Arromanches 360 Circular Cinema. Then visit the American Military Cemetery at Colleville-sur-Mer, Omaha Beach and the Pointe du Hoc.
- Pick-up from Caen Rail Station
- Bilingual tour of the World War II section of the Mémorial de Caen Museum
- Lunch at La Terrasse Restaurant at Le Mémorial de Caen
- Bilingual 5.5-hour tour of key D-Day landing beaches and sites by 7-seat minivan
- Entry to Arromanches 360 Circular Cinema to watch "Normandy's 100 Days"
- Drop off at Caen Rail Station at around 6:45 PM - 7:00 PM
- Return train ticket from Paris to Caen
- Children under 3 years
Prepare for the activity
You will be picked up by your guide from your arrival at the MAINLINE RAILWAY STATION in Caen: Please note that your guide will be waiting in the main hall of the Caen Railway Station. Follow the signs ‘SORTIE Place de la Gare’ to go to the main hall. Your guide will be near the ‘Point de Rencontre’ sign and will have a board marked Memorial de Caen.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• On Bank Holidays, the guided visit of the Memorial de Caen Museum will last for 30 minutes, as the earliest train from Paris arrives in Caen at 11:00 AM and the guided tour departs at 1:00 PM
• Please note that this tour is not suitable for wheelchair users.
• Please wear appropriate shoes and clothes. It can be windy along the beaches and temperatures can be cool even during the summer.