Ocean kayaking with dolphins, camp fires, stargazing, ancient rainforests and jaw-dropping panoramic views await you on this tour which combines two of Byron Bay’s must-do experiences - kayaking with dolphins and climbing Mount Warning at sunrise.
What to Expect
This Mount Warning tour includes overnight camping right on the foot of Mount Warning National Park followed by a dawn Mount Warning climb. On the first day, enjoy the peaceful and uncrowded forest setting at your Mount Warning base camp. Take a splash in a rock pool or simply relax and enjoy the tranquillity of the Mount Warning National Park. Finish your day sitting around a campfire, toasting marshmallows and enjoying a delicious, locally sourced BBQ dinner before falling asleep under the stars in your tent. Byron Bay Adventure Tours provide all camping equipment including tents, matresses, sleeping bags and liners.
The following day, climb Mount Warning at dawn to reach the highest point in the region and bask in the first sunrays to hit mainland Australia. How long does it take to climb Mount Warning? The journey is a 9 km, 4 hour self-guided return walk that takes you through subtropical World Heritage listed rainforest and, upon ascent, offers 360 degree ocean and Byron hinterland views. It never fails to inspire.
· Kayak up close with dolphins, whales (Jun-Oct) and turtles at Byron’s beautiful marine park
· Enjoy free snorkeling and socialising over afternoon tea
· Weave your way through beautiful landscapes towards the overnight camp at Mount Warning Rainforest Park
· Enjoy a delicious BBQ-style dinner and toast marshmallows sitting around the campfire and camp under the stars
· Breakfast in the early morning before you start your walk
· Transfer to the start/end of the summit walk
· Start your self-guided 9 km, 4 hour return walk
· Pick-up from the start/end of the summit walk
· Weave your way through beautiful landscapes as you return home
- Overnight tour led by an experienced guide (the actual climb is self-guided)
- All gear for your kayak adventure
- Free snorkeling and trip photos to download
- All meals (afternoon tea, BBQ-style dinner and breakfast)
- All camping equipment (tents, sleeping bags, mattresses, torches)
- Complimentary water bottle and snack for the walk
- National Park and camping fees
- Fully air-conditioned tour vehicles
- Return Byron Bay transfers
What's Not Included
- The actual summit walk is self guided, but you will walk with other customers in a group