Byron Bay: Hinterland and Bangalow Full-Day Guided Tour
- Drive up to the Byron Bay lighthouse for the best ocean and Byron hinterland views.
- Visit a local, working farm.
- Experience the magic of Crystal Castle as you walk through stunning gardens, touch the World Peace Stupa and enjoy the beauty of crystals.
- Enjoy a delicious locally sourced lunch (vegetarian option on request).
- Stop at the historical town of Bangalow and tour its fascinating mix of local shops, galleries and cafes.
Your adventure starts when you're picked up from your accommodation, and you'll be driven up to the iconic Byron Bay lighthouse. Be blown away by the 360 degree panoramic views over the Pacific Ocean and mountain landscape, and get up close to the iconic Byron Bay lighthouse. Between May and October, whales can be spotted on their annual migration and this is one of the best vantage points to soak up this majestic sight. Then, it’s off to the mystical Crystal Castle. Here you can marvel at the massive natural crystals on show, get lost in a garden labyrinth, take a gentle walk, touch the World Peace stupa or just enjoy a coffee and soak up the hushed tranquillity of this amazing place.
The Zen quality of the crystals will put you in the perfect frame of mind for a drive through the beautiful Byron hinterland to the next destination, the historic and delightful town of Bangalow. Enjoy a deleicious lunch in one of the amazing restaurants in town. The old world charm of the architecture belies the chic shopping, eateries and galleries on offer, not to mention the beautiful and historic pub.
Bangalow is a beautiful village to stroll through, and maybe pick up that special keepsake or gift including everything from vintage clothing, homewares, glamorous designer boutiques and an authentic French patisserie. From Bangalow you'll head back to Byron Bay, where you'll be dropped off with plenty of time to have a late afternoon swim or surf. You will have the sensation of having been away for a week, full of new sights, smells and experiences!
- 6 hour tour led by an experienced local guide
- Complimentary water bottle
- Delicious locally sourced lunch (vegetarian option on request)
- National park fees
- Entrance fee to Crystal Castle
- Fully air-conditioned tour vehicles
- Return Byron Bay hotel transfer
Prepare for the activity
We will pick you up at 9:00am sharp (NSW! not QLD time) from the Byron Bay Visitor Information Center at 80 Jonson Street, Byron Bay, NSW 2481 (it’s a yellow cottage style building just behind the main bus stop). Please wait in front of the entrance of Byron Bay Visitor Centre on the veranda. PLEASE DON’T WAIT AT THE MAIN BUS STOP SINCE IT CAN BE VERY BUSY THERE AND HARD FOR US TO FIND EACH OTHER.Open in Google Maps ⟶