See the cathedral where the faithful of Buenos Aires learned that one of their own was chosen to head the world’s Catholic Church. Visit the Flores neighborhood where Pope Francis spent his early years and other sites important to his life in Argentina.
What to Expect
Follow the path taken by Jorge Bergoglio before he became known as the Pope from the End of the World.
This 3-hour tour begins with a visit to the Metropolitan Cathedral, where local Catholics received the great news that their beloved Argentinian priest would be the successor to Pope Benedict XVI.
You’ll see the place where he lived with his family during his early years, and then visit the Basílica San José de Flores, where, at just 17 years of age, he decided to commit his life to God.
See the buildings that shaped his education and where he took the first sacraments that awakened his religious vocation.
This tour is intended for persons of all ages who are interested in learning more about this man who has become so important to the world.
You’ll visit the following sites:
1. Catedral Metropolitana
2. Arzobispado de Buenos Aires
3. Iglesia San Ignacio Loyola
4. Iglesia San Francisco de Asís
5. Basílica San José de Flores
6. Solar de la Infancia
7. Instituto Nuestra Señora de la Misericordia
8. Escuela Coronel Ing. Pedro Antonio Cerviño
9. Iglesia del Salvador
10. Universidad del Salvador
11. Origen del Club Atlético San Lorenzo de Almagro
12. Basílica de San Carlos y María Auxiliadora
- Guided tour
- Entrance fees
What's Not Included
- Food and beverages
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Defensa 831, San Telmo, Buenos Aires