Get close to wildlife at Luján Zoo and see elephants, tigers, brown bears, llamas and much more. Benefit from a transfer from Buenos Aires and the chance to look at the Basilica of Our Lady of Luján. Then, meet the zookeepers and stroll with the animals.
What to Expect
Journey to Luján, approximately 68 kilometers northwest of Buenos Aires, and enter Luján Zoo to discover the enclosures of a wide variety of animals. Get up close to creatures from across the world, including lions, tigers, cougars, macaws and many more. Marvel at the might of the Asian elephants, and see spectacular flamingoes, dromedaries, sea lions and toucans. Watch animal activity by resident red deer, capybara (carpincho), antelopes and brown bears.
Hear fascinating facts about animal habits from the on-site zoo keepers, and benefit from the chance to enjoy supervised animal interactions. Take the little ones to dedicated children's areas and activities, such as a playground and the chance to ride ponies for free. Visit the farm animal enclosure to see rabbits, chickens, goats and baby cows, and learn more about how to interact with them from the resident staff.
Guided tours are available to all zoo visitors from 11:00, where you can learn about the characteristics of the animals, and how to tell the difference between similar species. Benefit from the chance to re-enter the zoo at any time of the day with the same ticket, making it ideal to combine with a quick trip into Luján city. See the stunning Basilica of Our Lady of Luján with its impressive Neogothic facade.
- Transfer from hotels in Buenos Aires to Luján
- Entrance to Luján Zoo
- Visits to the lion, tiger, bear, sea lion, elephant and farm animal enclosures
- 30 to 45 minutes to see the Basilica of Our Lady of Luján
- Bilingual guide
- Camel rides
Know Before You Go
• Luján Zoo is open from 09:00 daily, all year round
• Luján Zoo has a dedicated camping and RV site with hot showers for adventurous visitors who want to camp at the zoo for several days
• In addition to animal-related activities throughout the year, visitors will also have the opportunity to see an exhibition of old vehicles and antique tractors on display at the zoo