Hop aboard a premium 1-hour ferry cruise and spend the day at the beautiful city of Colonia del Sacramento. Discover this UNESCO world heritage site just across Río de la Plata from Buenos Aires.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 10 - 13 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Spanish, English
- Wheelchair accessible
Select participants and date
Board your ferry at the Colonia Express Terminal. The activity provide will send you the reservation number via email after booking; the tickets and voucher will be sent up to 24 hours before the tour. Please present the confirmation number, printed or mobile, at Colonia Express Ferry station. You can use the auto check-in terminal or present it at the ticket office. This tour involves an international border crossing and customs, so make sure to arrive at the Ferry Station 1 hour and 30 minutes before the departure time. Once you arrive in Colonia and leave the migration zone, go to the counter for Colonia Express on your left and show the voucher for the guided tour to one of the employees.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Travel insurance
Know before you go
- Your full name, passport number, date of birth and nationality are required to generate ferry tickets. Without this information the reservation cannot be confirmed
- This tour goes to Uruguay so please bring your passport or travel document and make sure you're legally authorized to cross the border. Also, you must present travel assistance insurance in the migration zone (included)
- Passengers cannot be replaced in reservations that are already confirmed by Colonia Express; tickets are non-transferable
- You must arrive at the ferry station 1.5 hours before departure to check in at the port
- The ferry is subject to weather conditions that may influence departure; the ferry is usually very punctual, but delays can happen
- There are no booked seats at the ferry; check in early if you want to get a good seat by the window
- Departures and arrivals from/to Buenos Aires vary depending on the date and option booked; please double-check the option description before booking