From Buenos Aires: Colonia Ferry Tickets and Optional Tour
- Cross Río de La Plata, South America's most important river, from Argentina to Uruguay
- Visit the historic colonial town of Colonia del Sacramento, a UNESCO world heritage site
- Enjoy the spectacular view of the sunset in Colonia del Sacramento
Founded in 1680 by the Portuguese Manuel Lobo, the city went from Portuguese to Spanish rule several times until the Declaration of Independence in 1825. Discover how these events made the city a melting pot of architectural styles where Spanish and Portuguese-style buildings coexist. Walk down cobbled streets and enjoy the unique landscape with spectacular views of the Rio de la Plata. Experience the charming houses, cobbled streets, traditional lanterns, and magical sunsets of El Porton de Campo alongside the Street of Sighs and Faro.
If you choose the option that includes the walking tour, your guide will be waiting for you at the ferry station, ready to tell you all about the history of this incredible town. Return to Buenos Aires via the same ferry route at the end of your day trip.
- Round-trip ferry ticket from Buenos Aires to Colonia city
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Guided walking tour through the historical center (only if option selected)
- Food and drinks (only if option selected)
Prepare for the activity
Colonia Express Terminal, Av. Elvira Rawson de Dellepiane 155, Buenos Aires, Argentina The local partner will send you the reservation number via email after booking; the tickets will be sent until 24h before the tour. Please present the confirmation number, printed or mobile, at Colonia Express Ferry station. You can use the auto check-in terminal or present it at the ticket office. Please have in mind that this tour involves international border crossing and customs. Please arrive at the Ferry Station 1 hour and 30 minutes before the departure time.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
• This tour takes place in Uruguay, please have in mind that you need to bring your passport or travel document and you need to be legally authorized to cross the border
• Please note the ferry is subject to weather conditions that may influence departure; the ferry is usually very punctual but delays can happen
• There are no booked seats at the ferry; check-in early if you want to guarantee a good seat by the window
• Departures and arrivals from/to Buenos Aires vary depending on the date and option booked; please double-check option description before booking
You might also like...
Product ID: 314607