Discover Hungarian cuisine in a new and unique way! Led by local guides with native experience, this walking tour introduces you to the real and non-commercial life of Hungarian people and their eating and drinking habits with tastings along the way.
What to Expect
Explore Budapest and it's cuisine with a local, native guide! The walking tour starts by visiting traditional Hungarian food producers at a local market in downtown Budapest with several tasting possibilities. Taste, eat and enjoy the stories of how Hungarian families used to produce their traditional ingredients! You will have a chance to see how locals make ‘lángos’, the very special fried bread, and can learn how real Hungarians eat it.
The tour continues with a visit into a local butcher’s shop, where you can experience the various meat products with delicious pickled vegetables. Throughout the journey your guide will introduce you to traditions, curiosities and unforgettable stories of how much Hungarians love to eat!
While visiting Hungary you must taste ‘pörkölt’, (the real Goulash), a rich stew made of specially- chosen ingredients and the world famous sweet or spicy ‘paprika’. With us you will have a chance to try several versions of it, from the ones made of meat to special vegetable versions as well.
Wandering in downtown Budapest area the tour visits a small family owned patisserie with a hidden courtyard, which gives you a quick peek into the treasures of Budapest. You definitely want to see it.
The tour will end with a tasting of three different craft beers at a local brewery while your guide introduces you to the culture of Hungarian beers with some exciting stories connected to the country’s history.
- English-speaking guide
- Generous food and drink tastings
What's Not Included
- Entry fees to sights and museums
- Transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point
- Tips/ gratuities
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• The tour requires a minimum number of 2 guests in order to operate
• This is small-group tour with a 15 people maximum per tour group
• The tour operator will do their best to accommodate any dietary requirements, however but due to local food customs they cannot guarantee that this will be possible in all cases. Options for vegetarians, guests with allergies and religious dietary restrictions may be very limited
• All participants must be fit enough for light continuous walking (up to 3 hours)
• This tour operates in all weather conditions. Please dress appropriately
• Tours cancelled within 72 hours of the start date will incur a cancelation penalty and no refund will be given. No-shows or non-participation are considered non-refundable