Grand Budapest Half-Day Scooter Tour & Margaret Island
From $46 per personBook now
- Explore Budapest on a scooter and see the city's top sites
- Take a 1-hour tour around Margaret Island by bike
- Visit castles, churches, citadels, and more as you learn about Budapest's history
Your tour begins with a safety orientation, and then you will step on board your scooter and head out. See the best sights in Budapest, including St. Stephen's Cathedral, the Parliament, Heroes' Square, Vajdahunyad Castle, and Buda Castle.
You'll also get to visit Matthias Church, Fishermen's Bastion, and Gellért Hill, known for its citadel and the Liberty Statue standing there.
Then make your way to Margaret Island, where you will transfer from a scooter to a bicycle. Set off on an hour-long tour of the area which features flower gardens, a monastery, water tower, mini zoo, Japanese garden, musical fountain, swimming pools, music clubs, and hotels.
- 50 or 125 cc automatic scooter with top case and chain lock
- Safety helmet
- English-speaking tour guide
- Radio with a headset
Budapest Scooter Tour's office is located at 1053 Budapest Vámház körút 10. The office is located inside the courtyard. In case the gate is closed ring doorbell number #2. The office is conveniently located in the city center between Kálvin tér and Fővám tér- Grand Central Market Hall. With public transport, take the Metro (blue line 3) and get off Kálvin tér. Take the exit Vámház körút and walk 650 feet (200 meters) on the right hand side of the street in the directon of Fővám tér (Grand Central Market Hall, Szabadság híd ( Liberty Bridge "the green bridge"). From trams 2, 47, and 49, get off Fővám tér and walk 330 feet (100 meters) in the direction of Kalvin tér on the left hand side of the street.
• Valid driving license
50 cc scooter: minimum car license "B"
125 cc scooter: motorbike license "A"
• Valid passport or photo ID
• Compulsory deposit: cash (EUR 150/HUF 45.000 or your passport (non-EU citizens) or photo ID (EU citizens).
• The driver is liable for all damages caused to the scooter at his/her fault up to max HUF 150.000 / 500 EUR. This is not applicable in case of theft.
• All scooters are insured against property damage that might be inflicted on a third party as a result of an accident involving the scooter.
• Driver must be at least 18 years old.
• The 50 cc scooter is only for 1 person and you cannot carry additional passengers.
• For a small extra charge you can upgrade your city bike to a 4-wheel pedal or electric car.
Product ID: 34905