Enjoy a 3-hour walk with a historian guide, who will introduce you to the Goulash Communism of Budapest’s decades under totalitarianism. Learn about the system that allowed Hungarians small liberties in exchange for obedience on major issues.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Private or small groups available
- Visit Bem József Square, the site of the first major demonstration of the 1956 uprising
- Explore Kossuth Square, where political and armed conflicts took place during the 1956 revolution
- Take a walk by the housing estates of the 1970s at the edge of the city center
- See the former People’s Stadium and typical Social Realist statues
- 3-hour walking tour
- Historian guide
- Tram and metro tickets
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Bambi Eszpresszó Budapest Frankel Leó út 2/4 1027 HungaryOpen in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Guides for the tour are professors, doctoral students, historians, journalists, art critics, and published authors.