Discover the rich history of Buda’s Castle District on a private guided tour and also see what life is like today. Walk along the medieval streets, see the interior of Matthias Church, and enjoy a break for coffee with a traditional Hungarian pastry.
What to Expect
This 2.5-hour private walking tour of Buda’s Castle District is priced for 2 persons and begins when the guide meets you at your centrally located accommodation.
Once you’ve reached the Castle District, your private guide will lead you along the area’s cobbled medieval streets to see the main sights.
The guide will bring the past of this fascinating area to life, relating stories and legends of the Castle District, and showing you hidden areas that are often overlooked on other tours. You’ll gain an insight into the historical events that have shaped the Castle District over the centuries.
Learn how the area was originally laid out and built, and how it has been used over the centuries by many different cultures. See the Royal Palace, the Presidential Palace, Disz Square, Holy Trinity Square, Hess András Square, and the Fisherman’s Bastion. You’ll also have the opportunity to see inside Matthias Church, and hear about its interesting past.
There will be a coffee break with a traditional Hungarian pastry along the way.
- Private English-speaking guide
- Admission to Matthias Church
- Coffee and cake stop
- Public transportation tickets (during the tour)
What's Not Included
- Transportation from the ending point
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Participants need to be sufficiently fit for light continuous walking, for up to 2 hours. Tours operate in all weather conditions, so please dress appropriately
• Please wear modest clothing (covering shoulders and thighs) for entering churches. Male visitors are requested to enter with their head bare, unless this is against their religion
• The guide will meet you in your hotel reception 5 minutes prior to tour time
• If your accommodation is not centrally located, an alternate meeting point can be arranged
• Programs canceled within 72 hours of the tour date incur a 100 per cent cancelation fee. No-shows will not be refunded