Budapest: 2.5-Hour Merry Markets and Mulled Wine Tour
From $46 per personBook now
- Sip hot mulled wine and sample traditional Christmas cake
- Learn about traditional Hungarian Christmas celebrations and customs
- Discover cosy shops and cafés tucked along the decorated streets
- Visit Obuda, a real local area off the beaten track, as well as St. Stephen’s Basilica, the most beautiful Catholic church in town
- Explore 3 of Budapest’s traditional Christmas markets, including one that’s ranked among the best in Europe
You’ll start your special Budapest tour at Deák Square, a common meeting point for the city’s locals, before heading out to the local market in Obuda, where you'll see the most typical of Hungarian Christmas goods. Along the way, you’ll learn about the history of this inner-city area. Next, your Budapest tour will pass to the other side of the river Obuda, where you’ll have the chance to see another non-touristy area, where the locals of the Buda side of the city come to sip mulled wine.
From here you’ll jump on local transport to head back to the inner city, where you’ll visit St. Stephen’s Basilica, the most beautiful Catholic church in town. After that, you’ll continue to the next market for more Christmas customs. You’ll get to sample some typical Christmas cake and learn why Hungarian families traditionally eat fish at this time of year.
As your Budapest tour strolls along the river, you’ll end up at a Christmas market that’s ranked one of the best in Europe. Celebrate the season with your new traveler friends under the biggest Christmas tree in Budapest. Finally, your Budapest walking tour will end at one of the most charming Christmas markets in the city’s downtown, where you can stay as long as you like and keep exploring the culinary delights of an authentic Hungarian Christmas.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Mulled wine (red or white)
- Traditional Christmas cake
- Additional food and drink
Deák Ferenc Square, in front of the large, light yellow colored protestant church. Your guide will have an Urban Adventures sign. Closest metro station is Deák Ferenc tér. (Open in Google Maps)
Children must be 6 years of age to 11 years inclusively. Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour. Because the legal age for alcohol in Hungary is 18, travelers under the age of 18 will be served hot tea rather than mulled wine.
Product ID: 50050