Budapest: Hungarian Cooking Class and Market Tour
From $98 per personBook now
- Learn to cook like a local at a Hungarian cooking class
- Prepare recipes that you can easily replicate at home
- Visit a traditional food market in Budapest city center
- Get tips on techniques from local chefs
- Sample traditional drinks, such as fruit brandy and regional wines
First, shop for fresh produce in one of the traditional markets of the city center. Purchase ingredients that you can find anywhere in the world so that you can easily replicate the meal at home. Then, transfer to the kitchen for a Hungarian cooking class in a friendly workshop environment.
Cook in small groups for a more intimate experience, and more hands-on help from your chef and guide. Once you have prepared some traditional dishes, such as cottage cheese dumplings, taste traditional drinks such as pálinka (fruit brandy), Hungarian wine, and home-made elderberry syrup.
Get a better understanding of Hungarian cuisine from cooks who were all born and raised in Hungary. Hear about local traditions and customs first hand.
- Half-day (4.5 hours) culinary adventure
- All ingredients for the cooking class
- A visit to an historical market in Budapest
- 4-course meal (starters, soup, main course, and dessert)
- Wine (1 bottle per 2 guests)
- Palinka (Hungarian fruit brandy)
- Water, coffee and tea
- Transportation from the market to the kitchen for your cooking class
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
For a cooking class on Monday-Saturday, meet at the main entrance of Great Market Hall, Vámház krt. 1-3 For the Sunday cooking class, the meeting point is the entrance to Szimpla Kert, Kazinczy utca 14 (Open in Google Maps)
• Food intolerances and special requests can be accommodated on request without problem
• Only free range eggs and meat are used
Product ID: 62832