Explore the street art and alternative culture of Budapest on an ever-changing walking tour of both Buda and Pest. Get off the usual tourist trail and visit ruin bars, live music venues, art galleries and hipster stores.
What to Expect
Explore Budapest through its alternative cultures on a 3-hour small group walking tour of the sights and historical landmarks that other tours rarely show you. Go deeper into Budapest’s underground music, fashion and art scenes, and explore the present and future, rather than the past.
Head away from the main tourist hangouts to explore Budapest's Jewish district, where the city’s alternative culture is kicking off. Just like East Berlin after the wall, Budapest's uncared for districts are becoming the places to be. Learn about, and visit, squats, cultural centers, abandoned synagogues and art galleries. Stop for a coffee or beer at an art and coffee collective, or a ruin bar-cum community center, bike workshop and analogue photography gallery!
- Walking tour
- Professional guide
- Transport tickets during the tour
- Entrance fees
What's Not Included
- Transport to the meeting point
- Transport from the end point
- Food and beverages
- Tips and gratuities
Meet on the stairs in front of the large evangelical church at Deak Ferenc Ter, in the center of Pest. All metro lines go to Deak Ferenc Ter, as do several buses. Look for your guide, holding a blue Alternative Budapest flyer.
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• Due to the nature of the tour and the places visited, the itinerary is subject to change at any time without warning. Any changes will be made in the best interests of guests, ensuring that you see the freshest developments in this ever-growing scene
• Please note, exchanges will be granted depending on availability. They are not guaranteed
• Tours operate in all weathers, and guests are expected to dress appropriately. Participants must be able to walk for up to 3.5 hours, with short stops