Experience a cherished tradition of the British monarchy on a small group tour of London. Watch the Changing of the Guards of the Queen’s Household Cavalry. Then, see the State Rooms of Buckingham Palace on a rare day it’s open to the public.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 165 minutes
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Meet by the Duke of York column on Waterloo Place, 9 Carlton Terrace, London SW1Y 5AJ. It's a tall column with a statue on top. Guides will have a City Wonders sign with the name of the tour at the meeting point for easy recognition. Directions: Take the Underground to Piccadilly Circus. Take exit 3 to Regent Street/St James. Walk south down Regent Street towards St. James Park (do not walk towards Oxford Street). Waterloo Place is at the end of Regent Street. Alternatively, take the Underground to Charing Cross Station, and walk down the Mall towards Buckingham Palace. The statue is at the top of the stairs to your right after the Institute of Contemporary Art (ICA). Please note the meeting place is not at Buckingham Palace. (GPS Coordinates: 51.5063159-0.1317662000000155)Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Baby strollers
Know before you go
- The Changing of the Guard does not take place in heavy rain. If cancelled, it will be replaced with an extended walking tour
- On occasional Sundays, the Changing of the Guards ceremony is rescheduled to the early morning. In the event this happens, the tour will not be able to feature this component
- The changing of guard schedule may change and on different dates, you will see either footguards or horse guards (if you book your tour on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, you’ll experience the change of the Household Cavalry.)