This private half day trip outside of Bucharest it's the best way to discover and learn more about Snagov Monastery from the 14th century, the place where Vlad the Impaler Dracula is believed to be buried and Mogosoaia Palace, a jewel of architecture.
What to Expect
Make your escape for a half day from the busy streets of Bucharest. Unknown even to some people born and raised here there are some hidden gems just a few miles outside city limits.
Leaving Bucharest you travel to the Palace of Mogosoaia. A retreat made for the rulers of the Romanians, in a pure Romanian style called Brancovenesc. It is a quiet and majestic place where you will feel like going back in time.
Next you take a short drive to the Snagov Monastery which is believed to be the resting place of the body of Vlad the Impaler, better known as Dracula. The monastery itself is on an island in the middle of the Snagov Lake offering great views over the surrounding area.
- Entrance fees
- Private tour
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Free wi-fi in the vehicles
- Bottled water
- Transport by modern A/C private vehicle
Know Before You Go
• Infant seats are available on request if advised at time
• A small amount of walking is involved
• Mogosoaia Palace is closed on Mondays. In this case the visit will still be done but only from the outside.