Medieval castles, Vlad the Impaler, the famous Count Dracula, and wild nature are all part of this expedition. You will also discover Bucharest, the largest city and the most important cultural and economical center in Romania.
What to Expect
Day 1: Arrive at Bucharest Airport. Transfer to Poiana Brasov, a place in the midst of a huge forest in the Southern Carpathians, near Brasov. Here, check-in at the hotel 'House of Dracula', and enjoy dinner at the hotel's restaurant.
Day 2: In the morning, enjoy a city tour of Brasov. This town is on the border between Transylvania and Wallachia and it played an important role in the defence against the Turkish invaders in the Middle Ages. The medieval center is beautifully preserved and you will visit the Black Church.
Next visit Dracula Castle in Bran then travel by 'Transylvanian Train' to the castle of the Teutonic Knights. Your guide will explain to you at dinner the historical background of the template for Bram Stoker`s novel and you will learn how Vlad Tepes, the Impaler, turned in Count Dracula. Hopefully it will be a quiet night! Dinner with Romanian specialities and folklore program.
Day 3: Transfer to Bucharest, where you will have a Panoramic Tour of 'Little Paris'. Here discover: the House of Press, the Arch of Triumph, the Government Palace, the Victoriei Avenue, the George Enescu Museum, the Romanian Athenaeum, the Central University Library, the Royal Palace, the Central Army House, the Savings Palace, the History Museum and Parliament's Palace. Finally, transfer to the airport for the trip home.
- Transfer by air-conditioned car from/to Airport Bucharest
- English-speaking specialized guide
- 2 nights accommodation with breakfast in 4-star hotel 'Acasa la Dracula' in Poiana Brasov
- 2 x 3-course dinners: 1 in the hotel restaurant and 1 in a local restaurant with folklore program in Poiana Brasov
- Entrance fees: Black Church in Brasov, Dracula Castle in Bran, Castle in Rasnov and Transylvania Train in Rasnov
- Map of Romania
What's Not Included
- Photo fees
- Personal costs (souvenirs, drinks, etc.)