Explore the most important castles in Romania on a 12-hour tour of Peles Castle and Bran Castle from Bucharest. Tour the mountain resort of Sinaia, and the historical heart of Transylvania at Brasov, and learn the legend of the fabled Vlad the Impaler.
What to Expect
Immerse yourself in the legend of Vlad the Impaler, inspiration for the fictional Count Dracula, on this full-day tour of Transylvania from Bucharest.
Traveling by air-conditioned car or minivan, your first stop will be Sinaia, one of the most beautiful mountain resorts in Romania, and often referred to as the “Pearl of the Carpathians.”
You will also tour Peles Castle, the most famous Royal Residence in Romania. Built between 1873 and 1914 in a Neo-Renaissance style, Peles Castle was commissioned by King Carol I of Romania (1839-1914) after he fell in love with the mountainous countryside.
Continue through the mountain scenery to Bran, where you will visit Bran Castle, commonly known as “Dracula’s Castle,” and learn the legend of the terrifying fictional Count. Your last stop of the day will be Brasov, located in the heart of Transylvania, where a walking tour through the historical center will reveal sights such as the Gothic church of Biserica Neagră, and the Medieval Catherine's Gate, the last remaining of the city’s defensive walls.
- Professional guide
- Transportation by car/minivan
- Entrance tickets
- Pick-up and drop off for selected downtown hotels and hostels
What's Not Included
- Photography and video fees
- Tips and personal expenses
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
- According to the winter schedule on Monday and Tuesday Peles Castle will be closed. "The Medieval Torture Instruments Exhibition" will be visited instead.
- During the entire month of November, Peles Castle will be closed, Pelisor Castle will be visited instead.
- Entrance ticket to all the sights visited are standard tickets
- All students need to show a student identification in order to receive the discount