On this day trip from Bucharest you’ll visit the most interesting cities and historical sites in Bulgaria. Marvel at the rock-hewn churches of Ivanovo, explore the country’s most beautiful city, Veliko Tarnovo, and enjoy a walk through medieval Arbanassi.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 11 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Pickup included
- You will be picked up at your Bucharest hotel. Please provide your hotel details when booking.
- Private group
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
Know before you go
- It is important to remember that you will be leaving Romania and entering Bulgaria on this tour. You must carry your passport and be sure that your visa requirements are in order.
- Please note that Ivanovo churches are closed during the winter season between 1 December and 31 March. During this period, you will be able to visit the Roman ruins from Nicopolis Ad Istrum or the Basarbovski Rock Monastery.