A classic tour with a new perspective; Bucharest’s major sites revealed.
What to Expect
Bucharest is a city of strong contrasts - a relatively young city with old mentalities: right at the gates of the east, hopelessly influenced by the West, and belonging in fact to neither.
If the world is a stage, then. Bucharest deserves its place in the spotlight for sure. The city had it all: love, betrayal, conquering Russian tzars , French Vaudeville, merchants of Venetian goods, Greek tragedies and one or two great fires for good measure. Bucharest is Romania’s vibrant capital city filled with a mishmash of grand historic buildings, brutal Communist apartment blocks and emerging 21st century designs.
One of the most respected urban historians, Ms Anita Sterea, will give you a most comprehensive and entertaining walking tour. Beginning in 2009 she started hosting a series of cultural expeditions in and around Bucharest. These were practically discovery tours of the beautiful sites this city has to offer, but mainly aimed at locals and in Romanian. This tour has the same concept , but this time it will be tailored for English-speaking foreign visitors.
What's Not Included
- Food and drinks purchased at bars/cafes
Know Before You Go
• Please see the cancellation policy: free up to 3 hours before the tour. No-show: 100% charge of tour cost.
• Bring comfortable shoes, sunscreen and something to cover your head, the sun can be intense in the summer.
• How much you spend on refreshments is entirely up to you! 15 EUR is suggested, although you may want to bring more for impulse purchases and souvenirs.
• There is a minimum of 2 participants for this tour.