Spend 2 wonderful days in the legendary land of Transylvania and discover the medieval citadel of Sighisoara, the unique UNESCO World Heritage Site in Europe. Travel from Bucharest and enjoy an overnight stay in a hotel with breakfast included.
What to Expect
If you are traveling to Bucharest and if you have just a limited time to discover Romania, this tour is the perfect way to visit some of the most interesting sites including the south part of the magnificent region of Transylvania.
BUCHAREST – SINAIA – BRASOV – SIGHISOARA (309 km)
Pick up in the morning from your hotel.
Prepare to leave behind the region of Wallachia and step into the legendary land of Transylvania, the country beyond the forest where many myths were born and time still flows slowly for those living here.
On the way, you will stop at Sinaia, a very famous mountain resort known also as the “Pearls of the Carpathians”. Here you will visit a typical and peaceful worship place, Sinaia Monastery, the first construction in this region since late XVIIth century.
The next visit here is Peles Castle, the former summer residence for the first Royal couple of Romania, King Carol 1st and Queen Elisabeth. Considered one of the most beautiful castles in Europe, the construction is impressive thanks to the architectural style and decorations, but most of all thanks to the beautiful interior design (interesting mixture of cultures in terms of furniture, the specific touch of the King and Queen) and the modern facilities for the last half of the XIXth century (electricity, vacuum cleaner, electrical elevator and central heating). Here you will also find out the story of the Royal couples in Romania and their important influence in the history of the country. The visit lasts about 45 minutes after which you will spend some time in the beautiful gardens of the castle.
The next stop is Brasov, Kronstadt (“the city of the crown”) under its German name. Yes, you are now officially in Transylvania! In Brasov you will have lunch in a typical restaurant and enjoy a lovely walk on the narrow and cobblestone streets of the old city center. You will see The Council Square, The Council Tower, The famous Black Church (the largest Gothic construction in Eastern part of Europe).
In the evening head to Sighisoara for dinner and overnight in the medieval citadel. Do not miss a short walk in the citadel and admire the medieval buildings at the light of the lanterns. Prepare to step back time!
SIGHISOARA – BRAN – BUCHAREST (329 km)
In the morning, enjoy breakfast at your hotel.
You will start the day by visiting the citadel of Sighisoara (UNESCO Monument), the only medieval citadel in the Balkans which is still inhabited. Here time seems to run after other patterns, visitors feel like in a journey back time when knights and fair ladies used to fall in love before dating and freedom was the priceless treasure of the community. Here you will find out the story of the citadel, you will see the well preserved walls and towers of defense and admire the medieval houses aligned along narrow old streets. The highlights of the citadel are: the house where it is said that Vlad the Impaler (known as Dracula) was born, the Clock Tower (on the top of which you can take some beautiful panoramic pictures with the citadel), the Covered Stairs and the Evangelical Church.
In the afternoon, you will head to Bran and visit Bran Castle, which became so famous thanks to the legend of Dracula. Here you will find out how this legend was born and why Transylvania is until nowadays related to it. A friendly tip – some garlic could come in useful during the visit!
In the evening, return to Bucharest and drop off at your hotel.
- Transport by car/minibus
- English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- 1 night accommodation in double room with breakfast included in a 3* hotel in Sighisoara
What's Not Included
- Meals (other than the breakfast)
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• This tour is not suitable for families with children under 7. It is recommended to book a private tour (with the same itinerary) in this case.
• Your hotel will be booked as soon as you book the tour, so the sooner you book the tour, the higher the chances to book a good hotel.
• 3* is a good standard for hotels in Sighisoara. However, if you want to book a 4* or 5* hotel for this trip, it is recommended to book the private tour.
• The tour supplier cannot be held responsible if the visited sites are closed without prior notice and for any reason at the moment you arrive.
• Please note that the order of the visits during the trip can vary depending on the weather and traffic conditions as well as on the visiting program switch from summer to winter season.
• Please note that the Clock Tower/History Museum in Sighisoara are closed on Mondays. You may wish to take this into consideration when booking, as Sighisoara is visited on the second day of the trip.