Discover the “Golden Age” of Bruges (Brugge) with an entrance ticket to the Bruges Historium, and travel back to one day in 1435 in 7 historically-themed rooms. Learn the history of the city through film, photography, props, and much more.
What to Expect
Experience the “Golden Age” of Bruges in the magical Bruges Historium, and travel back in time to the Middle Ages.
The interactive museum is a magical time-travel experience that takes you back to one day in 1435, and then through 7 historically-themed rooms to experience the story of Bruges through décor, film and special effects. Each room evokes the atmosphere of a golden era in the history of Bruges, as you follow the romantic story of the apprentice Jacob, and enjoy a panoramic view onto Market Square.
Marvel as history is brought to life in a unique Virtual Reality Experience. See beautiful medieval architecture in all its glory, and enjoy some of Belgium's beers in the Duvelorium Grand Beer Café before you leave for the day!
- Entrance fee
- Audio guide (available in: English, Dutch, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Mandarin, Russian and Japanese)
What's Not Included
- Drinks in the Duvelorium
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• The Bruges Historium and all its facilities are wheelchair accessible. One wheelchair is available for use at the front desk, free of charge
• In the interests of safety and hygiene, pets are not allowed in the Bruges Historium
• There is an ATM (BNP Paribas Fortis) in the courtyard of the Bruges Historium. It can be used every day from 10:00 until 18:00
• Information about museums, bus and train times, walking tours etc., can be found at the Tourist Information Point (open daily from 10:00 to 17:00, except 25 December and 1 January)
• For security reasons, the Bruges Historium is not recommended for people who suffer from claustrophobia. If you still want to visit, it is recommended that you speak to the person in charge at the front desk first