From Bologna: 2-Hour Private Guided Ferrara Tour
- Enjoy a full immersion guided tour of Ferrara and its main monuments and historical buildings
- Discover Ferrara during its Renaissance period, when it hosted the court of the House of Este
- Visit the Schifanoia Palace, the Ferrara Cathedral, the courtyard of the former Ducal Palace and the Este Castle, walking until Diamond Palace
The tour begins with a visit to Schifanoia Palace, one of the so called "Delizie" of the Este family. There, you can find the Hall of the Months with its 15th century frescos which represent the largest cycle of pagan frescos existing in Europe. Some of the greatest local painters of the Renaissance, such as Cosmè Tura, Franceso del Cossa and Ercole Roberti worked here.
The tour will then continue with a visit to the Romanesque Gothic style of the cathedral with its Renaissance apse, the courtyard of the former Ducal Palace, and then with a short walk, you'll get to Este Castle, proceeding the Renaissance city, with its wide elegant streets and the famous Diamond Palace. Prepare to take amazing pictures of the palaces, the squares, the typical streets of the old town and the picturesque Renaissance palaces.
- Private tour led by an expert guide
- Round trip from Bologna via private transfer
- Food and drinks
Prepare for the activity
Bologna train station. Walk out of the station and take the first large street on the right. Walk straight for a few meters and your driver will be waiting for you in the taxi parking area on the right side of the streetOpen in Google Maps ⟶
• Please note that this tour does not include entrance to the sites specified in the product description. To visit the interiors of those places, you'll be to buy the tickets at the location
• The tour will take place even when it's raining. In the event of an exceptionally heavy rain, the tour may be cancelled and you will be given a full refund